18 April 2011

A day in the life of World War II (Diary Entry: Online Lesson T2W5))

14 February 1942

The Japanese stormed through the front doors into the hospital. I was there at the cashier making payment for my outpatient services. However, the Japanese stabbed the British who were guarding the door. The next thing I could remember was that they started stabbing a lot of people, regardless of doctors or innocent civilians, rich or poor, healthy or not. When they came towards me, there was another man right in front of me. He was the next to be stabbed and I knew if I were to stone there dumbfounded I was sure to be the next victim. I thought for a while and collapsed as the man did. Fortunately, the Japanese overlooked me and proceeded towards the inside of the hospital. When I sensed the all-clear, I slowly crawled inch by inch towards the door. As I was safely at a distance from the hospital, I ran all my might towards the British soldier on the walking on the road and I described the events to him. He dashed away and I sat on the floor. Not long after I dosed off.

No comments: