15 May 2011

My Busy and Hectic Life

I believe that most of the people I know already have very tight schedules everyday especially those in sports CCAs, and now, it is my turn to experience it. Last year wasn't so bad although there were some days where homework kept me awake until 1.30 am in the morning, considering the fact that it requires me to wake up at 5am to arrive at school on time. On Tuesdays, I have Youth Flying Club until 5.30, on Thursdays the occasional Top Gun Academy programme till 5, and on Wednesdays and Fridays I have Robotics until 5.30. Additionally, there is still iCouncil, and my piano lessons every Sunday. However, I can count my lucky stars as competitions that suddenly pop out are nicely staggered for me for all of my activities. My Robotics competitions are in January, May and September, while my Youth Flying Club competitions are from October to November. My piano exam for this grade and the previous grade are all during July, and council camps come in March, June and December. As you can see, everything has been fitted nicely into the year for me. Anyway, taking on all these programmes, I think what makes me go on is the mindset that all of these activities are plain fun. For example, I enjoy Council work because it is usually interesting and helps the student body. Youth Flying Club is enjoyable because the simulations and control line is out of this world. And Top Gun Academy is awesome due to the fact that there are dogfights at the end of the session. And piano allows me to play beautiful music. On top of everything, most importantly, it allows me to have more friends and broaden my social circle. And since now I sleep less I have adapted to doing so everyday, and catching up my sleep on weekends which is not so hectic.

I'm expecting more that is going to happen in Sec 3, but I'd rather take care of the second semester first, before thinking about the next year.

(Term 2 Post #10)

No comments: