14 May 2011

Reflections on Term 2 Language Arts Test

This term's test required us to write an expository essay. There were 3 options, social media, adolescence, and arts, and apparently I took the first option: Social media - a blessing or a curse? Discuss. I think I did not do so well and got only a borderline pass because the language I used was too confusing. I think the content was alright but I used too complicated vocabulary which resulted in some confusion. I hope that next term, I can make my points clearer and not be so muffled and confusing. That will also probably pull up my content marks as well because this also resulted in the unclarity of my points and elaboration.

(Term 2 Post #8)

1 comment:

Gary Lim said...

I hope you can work harder in future. I didn't do very well for my LA expository test too. I think I had not think flexibly enough and I had also chosen the wrong question. I should have known that I am not very familiar with the Art aspects and therefore I failed to support my stand with sufficient evidence. Another mistake I made is in my language. Although my language is not very confusing, I observed that I had many unnecessary grammar mistakes. I must study my grammar carefully to avoid such mistakes in future.